English Humour

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «English Humour»

English Humour

автор  сообщение

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 3 сентября 2016 г. 18:54  
A picture from the Cambridge textbook on English idioms. :-D

Does a way exist I can upload a picture from my PC so that it is shown on the web page? Be that as it may, I do not know this way, so the picture is in attachment.
–––
We all end in the ocean All start in the streams
We're all carried along By the river of dreams

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 11 сентября 2016 г. 23:14  
–––
Eramos pocos y parió la abuela

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 18 сентября 2016 г. 12:46  
This guy knows his stuff :-)))

–––
We all end in the ocean All start in the streams
We're all carried along By the river of dreams

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 16 декабря 2016 г. 07:05  
An oldie but goldie from John Cleese :-)))

ALERTS TO THREATS IN EUROPE

by John Cleese — British writer, actor and tall person

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.
Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."
The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."
Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .
The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.
A final thought — " Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC".
–––

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 12 января 2017 г. 14:09  
A teacher once asked three students to say a sentence that included green, pink, and yellow.
The Asian kid says, "I play in a pink dress with my yellow ball outside my green yard."
The Mexican kid says, "I have a green, yellow, and pink marker in my backpack."
The Indian kid thought for a while and said, "The phone goes Green, Green, Green and i pink up the phone and said "Yellow?!
–––
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 11 февраля 2017 г. 23:02  
–––

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 16 февраля 2017 г. 10:15  
Aryan, you shoeldn't have posted these, they're sandalous and quite outworn. You need to step up your game!
–––
В любой непонятной ситуации пей чай и читай.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 16 февраля 2017 г. 23:24  

цитата sonysakura

sandalous

:-))) Oh dear, another one.
–––

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 16 марта 2017 г. 05:02  
:-D

–––

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 23 июля 2017 г. 22:30  
British Airways does smashing safety videos:-)))

–––

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 18 мая 2018 г. 14:48  

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 15 июля 2018 г. 10:01  

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 28 августа 2018 г. 21:03  

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 29 октября 2019 г. 16:35  
can't understand those stupid russians
that russian language's total shock
the russian word for our sock is
no sock
–––
Список лонгселлеров всех нас рассудит...

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 9 марта 2020 г. 17:37  
–––
Сегодня ты играешь трэш, а завтра бабу свою съешь!

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 13 марта 2020 г. 17:21  
–––
Сегодня ты играешь трэш, а завтра бабу свою съешь!

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 09:00  

цитата Кечуа

A picture from the Cambridge textbook on English idioms.

Does a way exist I can upload a picture from my PC so that it is shown on the web page? Be that as it may, I do not know this way, so the picture is in attachment.

Yeah, that artwork attachment makes sense. War and Peace was VERY long. I read it in English for college and we had to read so much in a short time, so that I had to read like 20 pages an hour or something. It came to like 2 minutes per page even though my normal reading time is slower. It was hard to speed read so much.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 09:19  

цитата Shean

the russian word for our sock is
no sock

Well, that joke did not make sense to me.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 09:21  

цитата sonysakura

Aryan, you shoeldn't have posted these, they're sandalous and quite outworn.

According to https://darkandwindiefakemon.fandom.com/w...

цитата

Sandalous (Japanese: サンヅレイ Sandurei) is a dual-type Ghost/Fairy Pokémon introduced in Generation XIII.

It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.

активист

Ссылка на сообщение 18 октября 2020 г. 09:22  

цитата proldugin

A teacher once asked three students to say a sentence that included green, pink, and yellow.
The Asian kid says, "I play in a pink dress with my yellow ball outside my green yard."
The Mexican kid says, "I have a green, yellow, and pink marker in my backpack."
The Indian kid thought for a while and said, "The phone goes Green, Green, Green and i pink up the phone and said "Yellow?!

This joke did not make sense to me.
Страницы: 123...678910    🔍 поиск

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «English Humour»

Новое сообщение по теме «English Humour»
Инструменты   

Внимание! Чтобы общаться на форуме, Вам нужно пройти авторизацию:

Авторизация

логин:
пароль:
регистрация | забыли пароль?

⇑ Наверх