What are you reading now

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «What are you reading now?»

What are you reading now?

автор  сообщение

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 20 июля 2011 г. 17:50  

цитата Aleks_MacLeod

First, I found this, then I thought I should have a good edition and bought this and then — saw THIS.

Aha, and that's how the budget crumbles :-)))   My story is the same, only with US editions.
–––
Eramos pocos y parió la abuela

новичок

Ссылка на сообщение 28 июля 2011 г. 20:33  
Hello, everybody!
So, what about books I'm reading now. I decided to reread some books which I'd been reading long time ago, but now in original language. This is "Starhammer" by Christopher Rowley and then, two next books of Vang serie. After that... perhaps it will be Jack Vance's Princes-Demons — five novels for fascinating reading and recalling old good days of SciFi...
–––
Can you ride the horses of the heart
by some sacrificial art or the keenness of your wits? No. See the blood on the bits.

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 1 августа 2011 г. 15:25  
Now I'm reading Stephen King's Dark Tower, from the beginning.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 3 августа 2011 г. 17:43  
Now I'm reading Stephen King's Dark Tower, from the beginning and Bulgakov's short stories.

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 5 августа 2011 г. 22:03  
Blind Lake by R.C.Wilson. Very absorbing reading, to my mind even better than Spin. Also finishing Doctorow' Little Brother.
–––
Одни хотели бы понимать то, во что верят, а другие - поверить в то, что понимают.
С. Ежи Лец

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 13 августа 2011 г. 21:17  
Camila Lackberg The Hidden Child, fifth novel of Patrik Hedstrom series.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 22 августа 2011 г. 13:51  
Gail Carriger , the Alexia Tarabotty steampunk series — an amusing mix of Victorian England, werewolves, vampires, the heroine herself while human, is a preternatural being — she does not have a soul. Quite funny and decently written — witty dialogues, interesting conspiracies, and even though the heroine was too obviosly "copied" from some of the more industirous Georgette Heyer's ladies, she is appealing enough and hardly ever irritates (more than I can say about her family). Luckily, most of the love scenes and passions are dealt with in the first book "Soulless" and the rest of the series can be read without rolling ones eyes too much :-)))
–––

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 22 августа 2011 г. 14:17  
Now I am reading "Stars Dairys of Iyon Silent" and "On a black trace" of Sergey Pavlov!

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 7 сентября 2011 г. 23:56  
I`ve just finished "The Outpost" by Reznic. So, a first part of the novel was really amusing. It gifted me a Health Laughter Hour:-D So, i think, i`ll reread that more than once.
But the other parts were awfull. I don`t know why for they were written at all.??? May be there were a kind of the Great Moral or something like that. I don`t know but it spolied the novel.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 8 сентября 2011 г. 00:02  
lord_lex I don`t like "On a black trace" — it looks like a police report)))) Too many detailes and if hadn`t watched an ecranization (rather bad, by the way) i didn`t understand what the novel was about((((

"Ijon" is amazing)))) I watched a kind of a movie: it`s a german mini serial (six series- 14 minutes) which was made in "home conditions". It`s very funny thing but, unfourtanetly, there is only one translation: one-voiced.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 8 сентября 2011 г. 10:26  
Now, i`m reading "Austronaut Jones" by Heinlein. I`ve just started but It seems like a kind of his good novels for youth (as "Time for stars")

магистр

Ссылка на сообщение 8 сентября 2011 г. 10:37  
And I am now reading "America" by Franz Kafka. Yesterday has read "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?". It was very pleasant to me!8-)

миротворец

Ссылка на сообщение 8 сентября 2011 г. 10:54  
Just got my copies of Abercrombie's Heroes, Mieville's Embassytown and G.R.R.Martin's you-know-what. Wonder where I should get a copy of spare time to read all these :-)
(Should I mention other-than-paper-texts waitin' for their lucky hour? Oh my, lots of them.)
–––
Джон умрет, а я буду жить

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 8 сентября 2011 г. 18:07  
lord_lex If you use "yesterday" you can`t use perfect time)))

"DADAE" is only book i`ve read by Dik)))) i had been going to watch "Bladerunner" but i was informed it wasn`t pretty good idea

авторитет

Ссылка на сообщение 20 октября 2011 г. 22:26  

цитата kim the alien

perfect time
"tense" if you're talking grammar)
Now reading "Barrayar" by Bujold. Seems a bit simplistic after Having just read Sapkovski and Abercrombie. Still the universe made by Bujold may turn out to be a stand-out.

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 22 октября 2011 г. 00:55  

цитата pashabass

Still the universe made by Bujold may turn out to be a stand-out.
The series actually get better — usually it's the other way round, but she did manage to create her own logical and working world. A really good space opera set and Miles is a totally fascinating personality.
–––

миродержец

Ссылка на сообщение 22 октября 2011 г. 15:10  

цитата Aryan

A really good space opera set and Miles is a totally fascinating personality.

Indeed :-)))
–––
Мой телеграм-канал о комиксах и прочих радостях: https://t.me/comics_and_stuff
Группа в ВК: https://vk.com/comics_and_stuff

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 23 октября 2011 г. 20:01  
hm....My reading depends on my mood....
Just now I'm reading Roger Zhelyazny...But I'm going to read Grag Byre:cool!:
–––
It's a Barnum and Bailey world,
Just as phony as it can be, But it wouldn't be make-believe If you believed in me.

гранд-мастер

Ссылка на сообщение 24 октября 2011 г. 10:49  
I'm now reading "The Time Wanderers" by Arkady and Boris Strugatski... I jast started this interesting book.
–––
Fide, gravitate, constantia

философ

Ссылка на сообщение 8 ноября 2011 г. 19:44  
Oh... It's much easier to say what I'm not reading :-)))
Well, top-3 this week: Faust, The Island of Doctor Moreau (Wells; rereading) and Foundation (Asimov; also rereading). The second book is a weak point among the others, imho.
Страницы: 12345678    🔍 поиск

Вы здесь: Форумы fantlab.ru > Форум «English forum on Fantlab.ru» > Тема «What are you reading now?»

Новое сообщение по теме «What are you reading now?»
Инструменты   

Внимание! Чтобы общаться на форуме, Вам нужно пройти авторизацию:

Авторизация

логин:
пароль:
регистрация | забыли пароль?

⇑ Наверх